Tuesday, July 11, 2017

TFI's 2017 Summer Reading Mission: Challenge Accepted

The Fangirl Initiative is hosting a summer reading challenge, which includes the opportunity to win a bookish surprise! All you have to do to enter is post photos of the books you're reading for each prompt on social media with the hashtag #TFIMission. (Full details of the challenge on the website.) Here are the books I have read or plan to read to fulfill each prompt.


1. Book related to the beach or ocean: The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson. (Completed! You can check out my full review of this amazing book here.)

2. Something that takes place in a different place than where you live: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. This book takes place in San Francisco. (Completed!)

3. Finish a series you've already started: Forever and Always, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. This is the third and final book in the To All the BoysI've Loved Before series. (Completed! I just finished this book. It was insanely adorable and had a perfect ending.)

4. Graphic novel (or comic book): I read a lot of comic books and graphic novels, so this one wasn't hard to complete. I could use Lumberjanes Vol. 5 or 6, Hawkeye Vol. 6, Civil War II, Gotham Academy... etc.

5. Book you wouldn't normally read (whether because of format or genre): I'm planning to read Silence by Shūsaku Endō. This is a hard prompt because I read a lot of different genres and formats. I don't, however, typically read such serious, historical books, but I've been intrigued by this book since I first heard about it.

6. Book that inspired a movie or TV show: I plan to listen to the audiobook of Wonder by R.J. Palacio later this summer. The movie comes out in November. If not this, then maybe The Death Cure by James Dashner, since I never finished that series and the movie is scheduled to release early next year.

7. Released this year: Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab, though I have a couple that could have worked. (Completed! This book ripped me to shreds.)

8. Book you own but haven't read: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I've been interested in this series for a while but just recently found a copy and added it to the top of my TBR list. It doesn't hurt that a movie adaptation is in the works with Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland.

9. Book you picked for the cover: The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber. This is sort of a stretch because I probably would have read this book no matter what, but you have to admit that cover is gorgeous and I can't get over it.

10. Book recommended to you: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I've had several friends recommend this to me forever ago and several more recommend it to me more recently. I figured I should give it a try.


Let me know if you're participating in the challenge or any other reading challenges and what books you're planning to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment