Sunday, June 11, 2017

Top Ten Tuesdays: June TBR Pile

I've heard about the bookish link-up "Top Ten Tuesdays" for a while, but I never took the step to participate until now. The gals at The Broke and the Bookish started this link-up to talk about books, and if there is anything I like to talk about, it's books! The prompt for this week is to discuss ten books of a specific genre you recently added to your TBR list. Instead of picking a specific genre, I'm just going to list the next ten books I plan to read, hopefully during the month of June!

In addition to books, I also have a ton of comics and manga to read. 

1. Starfall by Melissa Landers
I'm already reading this, and I hope to finish it soon. Based on reviews, I expected it to fall short of the first book, Starflight, but I like it so far. I'll share my thoughts on both Starflight and Starfall once I'm finished!

2. A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle
Just like with Starfall, I've already started reading this. I read this book forever ago, but I can't remember any of it. It's definitely weird... but not any weirder than A Wrinkle in Time or A Wind in the Door, which were both fantastic.

3. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
I just started listening to the audiobook of this, and I'm already enjoying it. The descriptions are great, and it has just that slight hint of peculiarity that it's perfect. Plus, the narrator is superb.

4. Rebel Rising by Beth Revis
When I heard Beth Revis was writing a Star Wars book, I was stoked. I finally have it in my possession, and I'm excited to read. I'm looking forward to diving into Jyn Ero's backstory.

5. The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber
I heard about this book over a year ago, and I've been eagerly waiting to read it. Mary Weber is a gem, and I can't wait to read more of her books!

6. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
I read This Savage Song a month ago, and I couldn't put it done. I've just been completely starstruck with her stories, so I cannot wait to read this book. I need answers. And I need more August in my life!

7. Beren and Luthien by J.R.R. Tolkien
If it has Tolkien's name on it, I need it. Case closed.

8. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
I've heard a lot of good things about this book, and even though its contemporary, it sounds super cute.

9. The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
I haven't heard a whole lot about this yet, except its similar to Lost. But I have a high suspicion that I'm going to receive it in a book box later this month...

10. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
I inhaled the first two books in this series, and I need the next one! These books are just hilariously adorable and I can't get enough of them.

What books are on your TBR pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment