This week's A Novel Idea prompt is about characters.
This week, make a list of 20 things about your character. They can be as simple or unique as you want, but hopefully it will help you learn at least something new about your character and their backstory.
The first character I thought of to feature was Ryker... again. I'm still starting to get to know him as we plan our writing project. But then I thought about it, and I decided I didn't want to do Ryker again. Not yet, at least. Instead, I'm going to feature Ryker's best friend: Wren.
Here are 20 more things about Wren:
1. She doesn't have a favorite color. She loves all the colors in the world, and she can't choose a favorite because she doesn't want the others colors to be sad.
2. She lives in Blitzkrieg with Ryker, but she was born on an uncharted island of Bakkaj.
3. She doesn't have any memories of her life before the age of seven when Ryker rescued her from the "husks." At times, she pretends she remembers her parents, but she really doesn't. She believes they were nice people that didn't deserve to die so young.
4. She had been trained from an early age to use her magic, which is why her magic abilities are much greater than Ryker's. Her parents recognized the early signs of strong magic in her, and they hired a tutor.While she doesn't remember any of this, she still possesses the knowledge to use her magic.
5. She likes to collect clothes of different sizes, styles, and colors when she can. Usually, she wears them altogether at one time in order to keep warm in the cold of Blitkrieg, feel all the fabrics, and wear all the colors of the world.
6. She loves to read, but she only owns one book that she and Ryker swindled from an apothecary. The book is volume three of a set of ten about using magic.
7. She likes to sing.
8. If she sets her mind to something, she is very stubborn.
9. She has Ryker wrapped around her finger. There is a way about her that she can get him to do almost anything.
10. She likes to use her magic to show off. She enjoys when people notice how powerful she is.
11. Her favorite animal are birds, but Blitzkrieg doesn't have many.
12. She daydreams about visiting every island in Bakkaj, especially Central Isle, and using her magic to help people.
13. Her favorite food are croissants for both their shape and taste.
14. When she sings, she can also use magic, but it's not as powerful as when she writes it.
15. She can use many different kinds of mediums to write her magic--her finger through the air, her nails on wood or ice, charcoal on paper, etc.--but the most powerful form is when she writes permanent ink on to skin.
16. She's given Ryker three magic tattoos--one on his shoulder for protection and the other on each of his calves for speed.
17. She has always wanted to learn how to swim, but since she lives in Blitzkrieg, it's too cold to go into the water.
18. Most people are physically drawn to her due to her magic aura and her gorgeous physical attributes.
19. She's half-Fae, but she doesn't know this. Neither does anybody else who is alive. She takes after her mother, but there are glimpses of her father--the Fae--in her appearance as well.
20. She has a huge "schoolgirl" crush on Ryker and daydreams about growing up and marrying him.
Tell me about your characters! Better yet, link up with A Novel Idea.