Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016: A 2015 Recap

In 2015:

I read over 180 books. (80 novels, 91 graphic novels, and a few picture books)

I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens and fell in love with the galaxy again.

I wrote 500 words every single day for the entire year.

I had a long list of summer adventures, including a trip to the zoo, smashing a car, and watching a meteor shower.

I started an art journal using an old book.

I became an aunt to the cutest nephew ever.


I graduated college.

I put color in my hair.

I went to an art museum.

I paid off my school loans.

I built Lego sets.

I become the assistant to the editor of The Fangirl Initiative.

I turned 21.

I completed NaNoWrimo 2015.

I went to Build-a-Bear for the first time.


I ate fro-yo for the first time.

I played with baby goats.

I received ten pairs of Star Wars socks for Christmas.

I said goodbye to book series, and then I said hello to new fictional friends.

Top(L-R): Easter with my Roman soldier in shining chainmail, selfie on a ferry, Age of Ultron cosplay
Middle(L-R): Hobbit Day shenanigans with my Pippin, Christmas family selfie, giraffes at the zoo!
Bottom(L-R): my first taste of sushi, dying our hair purple, Star Wars cosplay 


In 2016:

I set a goal to read 150 books this year.

I want to edit one of my books all the way through in order to start beta reading.

I want to keep a journal for the entire year.

I want to have adventures and try to take more pictures.

I want to write re-design this blog.

I will turn 22.

I want to find a job I love.

I want to go someplace new and exciting.

I want to write more blog posts.

I want to do things I love.

I want to believe in myself and my potential.

I will...

2015 mirrored 2014 in that it had its ups and downs. Though, I think I can look back and see more good moments than bad. A lot happened. I worked hard, I completed short-term and long-term goals, and I will begin something new in 2016. I've collected so many books I don't have room for more on my four bookshelves (yes, four). I've discovered so many new stories in the form of books, shows, movies, and even video games, I can hardy believe there's still creativity in the world. I've written new stories, dusted off other ones, and re-discovered what made me write in the first place. I went places, I did new things, and I made new friends. As I said, a lot happened. And this is just the beginning of something new.

Here's to 2016. Hopefully, adventure is out there.

-Jaime

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely summary! I'm super impressed that you read over 180 books, wrote 500 words every day, kept up blogging and graduated. I'm also wondering if you're secretly a superhero. Pretty sure you are.
    And, I've got to say, your nephew is seriously adorable. He'll probably grow up to be a superhero too. Since it runs in the family and all. :)
    Happy New Year, Jaime! I hope 2016 is even better than 2015 was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I don't know how I did it either. I didn't blog as much as I would have liked, but it was better than some years. XD

      My nephew is the cutest. If he's not a superhero, he'll probably be a Jedi or Raptor trainer (his name is Owen, after all). Or maybe he'll be all 3? :D

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Wow this seems like it was awesome year for you! Yay for trying new things and completing goals! How do you like sushi? I love sushi!

    I'm trying to keep a journal for this year too! I've also got editing to do. XD Yay for same goals! Happy 2016!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sushi I tried was "sweet potato" because I'm not a huge fan of fish (though I did eat calamari too). It was good. I think I'd definitely try it again. :)

      I've yet to do anything with a journal because I've been trying to catch up on my art journal from last year. I think I like the art journal idea more but I love writing, so I don't want to disregard that idea entirely either.

      :) Best of luck to you with your goals!

      Delete