Thursday, March 5, 2015

Two Renegade Realms by Donita K. Paul--Book Review

Two Renegade Realms is the second book in Donita K Paul's Realm Walkers Series. It follows up on the beloved characters of Cantor, Bixby, Bridger, and Dukemee, three years after the first book ends. All have been busy searching for answers to save their realm from an invasion: the Lyme Major and Lyme Minor planes will pass between the current realm and bring a host of unwanted monstrous invaders. The gang are determined to stop the invasion, but how? Their plans are sidetracked when they learn the right hand of Primen, Chomountain may be alive and in need of rescue.

As always, Paul spins a wondrous tale that leaves me desperate for more. From her unique characters to the fantastic world-building, Two Renegade Realms left me squealing with excitement, sighing with satisfaction, and overall, left wanting almost nothing. (I say almost because the story isn't quite finished and will be continued in a third volume!)

I'll admit it took me a few chapters to dive back into the swing of this world. But once I started and the characters began to roll along with the plot, I didn't want to stop! Paul's way of writing provides a fresh breath of air to the normal fantasy-scope of late. Her characters are unique, beloved, and admired--I love each and look forward to learning more about them and how they react with one another. The world is well-built from plane to plane, giving glimpses of the various ways of life and the scope of the realms.

I've always been a great admirer of Paul's work. Her characters, world, and story lines are quite extraordinary. She has a great ability to weave her faith into her work without being cliche or pushy. She has a fantastic crafted handed for such lovable stories.

I will be recommending this book to any lover of fantasy, dragons, or a good story. Because of its length and some fighting, I think this book would be suitable for anyone ages ten and up. If any child is ambitious, they might be able to read it at a younger age. And just because it's a fun adventure does not mean older teenagers or adults cannot enjoy it. I adored it and I eagerly await for the next book!

-Jaime

I received this book for free through BookLook from Zondervan publishing to give my open and honest opinion of the story, nothing more and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment