Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Ship It: Hiccup and Astrid

Hello friends, dragons, wizards, and star commanders:

I have returned! :D Sorry for the lack of posts and lack of popping in and everything else. I've been busy writing for The Fangirl Initiative. If you don't know what this is: you should go find out because it's awesome.

~The Fangirl Initiative is a blog dedicated to all things fangirl, fandom, and fun. It's a daily dose of anything related to fandoms written by fangirls. Yours truly posts almost every Thursday (and sometimes in between) usually related to Arrow and the Flash, but sometimes other things like Disney... Basically: it's awesome, you're awesome, and stories are awesome. :) You should go look at it! :D~

Second: I am here to do a link-up via the Fangirl Initiative called: I Ship It. This month is February and well, that makes us all think of romance with Valentine's Day, so we've been collaborating on posts that are all about fandom romances and OTPs (One True Pairings).



The link-up takes a favorite "ship" (aka a couple that you want to be together/are overjoyed they are together) and answers questions in regards to them. For example, my new friend Sarah wrote all about Lia and Luca from the River of Time Series. If you're still confused as to what a "ship" is or what "shipping" is, take a look at this article on--you guessed it!--The Fangirl Initiative.

Or just look at this gif:


So: which lucky couple have I chosen to answer the link-up about?

Since I don't talk about them enough--and I really should--I'm going to do Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III and Astrid Hofferson from How To Train Your Dragon (the movies, not the books). ~I mean, vikings and dragons, why don't I talk about them more??~


1. ​​What is their current relationship status, and how did they meet? 
These two met, I would guess, at a young age since they live in the same village and grew up together (I could be wrong). Currently--at least with the second movie--they're dating or whatever the equivalent is in Viking. Courting? Running around with dragons? I don't know!

2. Why do you want them to be together? What makes them better together? 
Because they're super cute together. Also I think they balance each other out. When Hiccup is told he has to be chief someday, Astrid is right there by his side to help him out. She starts planning out divvy up the responsibilities so Hiccup can focus on being chief. In addition, he helps her see the world in a different way. When she didn't trust the dragons, Hiccup helped her see that dragons could be good. Plus Astrid has Hiccup's back and he has hers. You can tell they have a lot of trust between the by watching a scene with them.


3. What song(s) remind you of them?
I'm usually terrible at this kind of question. I don't listen to enough music clearly. But I'm going to be cheesy and say the song from How To Train You Dragon 2: "For the Dancing and the Dreaming." Because it's beautiful and fits with them well! :D



4. How would they divide household chores (cooking, cleaning, etc.)?
I don't know all the details of how Viking culture works, but I'd say they'd probably divide it pretty evenly. As I stated before, Astrid was more than willing to help do routine duties so Hiccup could focus on being chief, so I think they'd divide it well. I imagine Astrid is terrible at cooking though, so maybe Hiccup has some kind of grace with that (I could be wrong, of course, it's been a while since I watched the first movie!)

5. What would this couple argue most about, and who is most likely to compromise?
Most of it probably would be decisions for outside the village--like when Hiccup runs off to go save dragons or explore. I think Astrid would understand his need to do these things and would probably let him do so, but at the same time, it'd be crazy hard for her to let him do it alone. Other than that, maybe Astrid would firmly believe in Hiccup's ability to lead the village as chief, whereas he isn't so sure.

6. What interests do they share?
Dragon riding, fighting bad guys, being awesome, you know all the necessary qualities for a perfect relationship. :P

7. Are they introverts, extroverts, one of each?
I think Astrid is more inclined to extrovert while Hiccup is definitely more introverted.

8. What would their first date be like? (If they've already had their first date, describe their ideal date.)
Well, first date would probably be something along the lines of Hiccup taking Astrid to go meet a dragon in the wild when she's super terrified of dragons... aha-ha. Just kidding! They'd probably go dragon riding in the sunset (like when Hiccup actually did take Astrid to ride a dragon for the first time) and then maybe a picnic someplace green and friendly. Or off to kill bad guys...


9. Do they get along with each other's families?
Well I know Hiccup's father approves wholeheartedly with Astrid. :) But I don't know much about Astrid's family to know if they'd like Hiccup (though considering he's future chief, I'd say that'd be a yes)

10. In what ways do they drive each other crazy? In what ways do they drive other people crazy together?
Hiccup drives Astrid crazy by his spontaneous decision making and flying off on Toothless without a word of where he's going or when he'll be home. Astrid probably drives Hiccup crazy by always being right. :P

They drive other people crazy by both disappearing (Astrid to chase down Hiccup) without a word or knowledge of where they are going or when they will come back.

11. Where would they go for their honeymoon/a romantic getaway?
Itchy Armpit it is! :D

~some place fun, exciting, and exotic.~

12. Do they share any similarities to classic romantic couples? (I.E., Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, Beauty and the Beast)
Oy, this is hard one. I don't know about classic, but something about them has always reminded me of Percy and Annabeth from the Percy Jackson books. Not really classic, but they have the same dynamics as them.

13. What would their "celebrity couple" name be? (I.E., Brangelina) ​​
According to google/tumblr: Hiccstrid. That's a mouthful of fun.


14. Where do you see this couple in 10 years?​
In ten years... married, probably with a few crazy kids running around the village riding baby dragons and getting into all sorts of trouble. Astrid just laughs and likens the to Hiccup and Hiccup rolls his eyes and claims he was never that bad. And then of course, dragons galore every where. They'd be raising and dragons and ruling the village together. Safe and happy. Safe and happy... yeah... maybe not completely safe because that would be b o r i n g. But happy for sure!

Well, there you have it: one of my many ships. I could have chosen from an assorted collection, but I on a whim decided I wanted to talk about Hiccup and Astrid. Hope you enjoyed it. I'd love to hear all about your OTP/ships.

So please: join the link-up! :D

-Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment