Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015: a 2014 Recap Thing

2014:

I read 108 books! :D And collected another couple piles to read.

I wrote a lot of words (like lots, I did two nanowrimos, one in the summer, one in november, I wrote poems, and I started my first edit/re-write of a novel).

I wrecked a journal but didn't finish. someday.

I survived an 18 credit hour semester.

I cosplayed quite a few times. :)

Eren & Mikasa from Attack on Titan, an Elf & a Hobbit, Clark & Lois, Peter Pan
I joined the Fangirl Initiative.

I had adventures with  my best friend.

I posted about all things British on The Nerve.

I introduced my characters and stories to the internet.

I went to Ecuador and left pieces of my heart in the fists of those beautiful children. 


I cured myself of tumblr addiction and fell back into it

I fell in love with the idea of dragon stories all over again.

I cried and laughed about the Hobbit and said my own last goodbye.

I witnessed my brother get married and start a family.

I survived stumbled through the Sebastian Stan meltdown. And the Winter Soldier epidemic.

I realized I don't write as much as I should.

I defined what friendship means.

I learned to keep back ups of all my computer files (which reminds me...)

I was ruined by Shia Labeouf.

I became a leader for the middle school girls at my church.

I re-discovered my anchor and found more reasons for joy.

I received much needed love from a wide abundance of sources.

I decided I have to grow old but I don't have to necessarily "grow-up."

top (l-r): ladies of the wedding standing on the Equator, weekend trip with my sister
middle (l-r): christmas shenanigans, amusement park trip, doctor who birthday for my dad
bottom (l-r): fun in the snow with my boys, moustaches with my sister, selfie with my professor


2015:

I set a goal to read 100 books again. :) And to complete this 2015 reading challenge.

I want to finish the edits on my story but also explore other ideas running around my head. Basically I want to write. A lot.

I want to dip into my artistic side with painting and drawing and whatever else catches my eye.

I want to have adventures and remember to take lots of pictures (2014 was lacking and I tried so hard).

I will move and say goodbye to my childhood home.

I want to keep a journal. And actually complete it.

I want to be extraordinary.

I want this year to be better.

I want to write a comic script for that zombie slaying cat idea in my head...

I want to write 500 words every day.

I will turn 21 years old.

I want to edit my hobbit poems. :)

I want to pay off college and set aside money to go someplace else (aka Britain? New Zealand?)

I want to care less what people think of me and focus more on what is important.

I want to be a better person.

I will graduate from college in December.

I want to live for God.

2014 had its ups and downs. For the most part I'm glad that chapter of my life is over, though I made great friends that I know will hold on to me for a long while now and I created memories that will last my lifetime. I said goodbye to two of my favorite fandoms: Middle Earth and the River of Time (movies, books, respectively). I indulged in more stories than I ever thought I could fit in my brain. I learned what love means in many different forms. And I decided faith is what I have to hold on to.

So here's to 2015 and the adventures that lie ahead of us on the Road. Will you join me?

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

-Jaime

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Jaime! You inspire me so much, and I can't thank you enough for being so supportive of me through tough decisions I made during the summer aka college aka lots of people thinking I ruined my life. haha. Also, if you ever need art supplies for your artistic adventures of 2015, I'm your girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) That's what friends do for each other: support each other's decisions! College is just ONE option, after all.

      And thank YOU.

      I got paint for Christmas, but if I need anything else, I'll ask. :P

      Delete