Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quiet by Susan Cain--Book Review

*Warning, I didn't actually finish this book. I started it, couldn't get into it, and flipped/skimmed the rest], but I have to review it because I was given a copy by the publishing company*

Quiet reveals to the world the importance and power of introverts and why we need them in our extroverted society. Susan Cain uses many examples, research notes, and scenarios to explore the topics of introversion, extroversion, and the society of the world today. All in all, Quiet aims to encourage introverts and extroverts in living their lives as they should.

So, I think the idea of this book is good. It needs to be out there. The analysis of introverts and extroverts and the way the world looks is a highly sensitive topic. I think she knows what she's talking about and has done her research well.

While I never connected to her stories [and thought they dragged on], I think this book could be good for other people. Especially those who have the patience and interest to sit down and sift through the magnitude of information.

There is a lot to read and comprehend, so I wouldn't say this book is for everyone, but it could be. And it's an important thing for the world to consider and read.

You can read an excerpt here if you want to see for yourself! :)

-Jaguar Hero!

*I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment