Thursday, July 31, 2014

Goodbye July: End of the Month Wrap Up

The end of July is here (already?!?), which means the end of summer is right around the corner. Don't say it! Don't say it!

And with the end of summer, I might blip in and out of existence on this blog. I have a full load of classes this Fall as well as a job and a number of other duties to attend to (you know, training dragons and all). But I do have Fridays free of classes, so we'll see. I hope I can still do Beautiful People and a Novel Ideas as well as the Book Photography Challenge.

In addition, end of July means the end of Camp Nanowrimo! And guess who reached 50,000 words yesterday? Me! :D I'm a winner! The story isn't finished, but I have a good chunk of it written and more ideas keep flowing in. I'll probably still be working on it for the next couple months. And when November arrives, I think I have an idea of what my Nanowrimo novel is going to be. :)


Well, it is time to wrap up the July Book Photo Challenge. It's been exciting to sift through my bookshelves (and... piles) to do this. I loved snapping photos and writing little blurbs about each book. I hope to continue doing this once a week, but it might get pushed to every two weeks depending on my schedule. I hope you've enjoyed it as well.

Here are the last days of July. I didn't post on Monday this week because I thought it would be best to post the rest of July together. Monday I'll return with the first couple days of August's challenge! :)

Day 22: Non-fiction


Thunder Dog is one of the best non-fiction books I've ever read. I'm not usually a fan of non-fiction, but I enjoyed this book. The most interesting part was there were little descriptions from the visual point of view because the narrator is blind!

Day 23: Summer Love


Give me any excuse to gush about these books and I will. Unfortunately, the first book is currently at someone else's house (hopefully being read). But here are the other three books in The River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren. The main premise of the books is two sisters travel to Italy during the summer and time-travel back to medieval Italy and fall in l o v e with some awesome knights. Swoon-worthy, yes? Yes.

Day 24: Cupcakes


I didn't have any cupcakes on hand, but I did have a muffin. It's close enough. (muffins are just ugly cupcakes, or cupcakes before they cosplay) This is a picture book about dragons, definitely a favorite thing for me to read :)

Day 25: Sunset


I tried so hard to capture the sunset (you can see a glimmer of it above the way back trees), but alas my photography skills and camera are apparently not the best for taking pictures of brilliant nature. I thought it was kind of punny to take a picture of The Scorch Trials with the sunset. You know with the whole Flare and intense sunlight thing in the book. Yeah.

Day 26: Black and White


I struggled in vain to find my copy of The Giver because I thought it would be, once more, punny. But it must be lost somewhere among the sea of books I own. (I checked three or four separate bookshelves in my house). So I settled with The Book Thief in black and white. This book slaughtered me. I still don't want to talk about it.

Day 27: Vacation


I didn't go on vacation this year (I know shocker). But this is a childhood favorite I found tucked away on my lower shelf. It's full of jokes, funny happenings, and well clowning around (I should stop with the puns but they are so fun!).

Day 28: In the kitchen


Once more I try to come off punny and I'm just making it worse. Sorry. :)

Day 29: Freebie


This day was a freebie, which means I can do anything I like. So let me me introduce to you my To-Be Read piles. These are books I currently own (or possibly am borrowing from another soul) that I need to read yesterday. There are two from the library but they aren't due for a while so naturally I've been putting it off for books that are due sooner. Four piles. Some I've had a loooong time. 

Day 30: New favorite


Grisha Trilogy. Grisha. GRISHA. GRISHA. GRISHA. This trilogy is so good. I just finished Ruin and Rising yesterday and have been going crazy!! More than good. freaking, flipping fantastic. I can't even find the words to review them on goodreads, just a lot of screaming, whimpering, crying, and overall a mess of emotions. Go read them now. (Also. pretty covers. prettttty)


Day 31: Read this month

Another fantastic trilogy. This is the final book in the Legend Trilogy and it exceeded all expectations and left me satisfied. Plus I adore the cover design.

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

-Jaguar Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment