Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beautiful People: July 2014

It's that time again! Beautiful People July! :D


This month I think I will showcase my main character, Brielle, from my current WIP. :D She meets Killian of Greene in the first story and becomes a kindred spirit with him as the stories go on. She was abandoned by her father at the age of four and left to be a servant in a small village on the edge of the land of Greene. Until she happens to stumble upon a dying pirate with a stolen dragon egg. And thus, her adventures with the prat of princes (and his gang) begin. :)

I haven't found a clear picture for her character yet, but when I do, you'll know. :)


Questions: 

1. What's their favourite food? (Bonus: favorite flavor of chocolate)
Brielle likes potatoes, though not in any one particular form. She'll eat them any way except raw.

Her favorite flavor of chocolate lies between milk chocolate and dark chocolate. She's not fond of white chocolate at all, but since chocolate has always been a delicacy, she rarely has had a chance to try any type.

2. What do they absolutely hate?
She hates seeing children suffer. She wishes every child had a home and someone to love and care for them. It is her dream to start orphanages where those who are without homes and a family can find one.

3. What do they enjoy learning about?
The world. She would pick up any book and read it to soak up the information.

4. Who is the most influential person in their life?
Before she is dragged away on an adventure, her father. Even though he left her behind, she still holds on to his promises and everything he taught her. After she is collected for the adventure, Tiberius and Gilbert play a huge part in her life.

5. What is their childhood fear?
Monsters.

6. What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible?
Attending an exquisite ball at the palace. Meeting royalty. Being rushed off on an adventure.

7. What is something he/she is impractically afraid of?
The stars going out in the sky.

8. Are they a night owl or a morning person?
She is definitely a morning person.

9. Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid?
She leaves a lot unsaid mainly because she isn't quite sure how to word it or if anybody would care to listen.

10. What are their nervous habits?
She averts her gaze and tightens her body almost as if trying to make herself smaller.

There you have it: Brielle. One of my favorite things about Beautiful People is that the questions are always different yet still have a wide range of development for the characters. As I do these and write, I always learn new things about my characters.



You can join in too at any time. Go here for the questions and link-up. Hope you enjoyed reading about Brielle. She may make a few more appearances later as I believe I'm stuck with these characters for a long time. :)

-Jaguar Hero!


7 comments:

  1. Brielle is definitely a beautiful person! I love the answers to #2, #3, and #7. That's a beautiful picture, too, even if it doesn't really show us what she looks like.

    I assume she's from A Girl and Her Dragon? Which is awesome, because that's my favorite of your WIPs. I love knights and pirates and dragons :) I also love the name Killian of Greene. I'm going to go read about him now.

    Jessy @ Barefoot in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      What I love about Beautiful People, which I think I already expressed above, is learning new things about my own characters. The answers to #2 and #7 definitely came when I sat down and chose Brielle as my character this month. They came on a whim, almost, but they felt right. :)

      And Brielle is from A Girl and Her Dragon. She's the "girl" part of it. :) At least in the first story. I find myself relating to Brielle but she's not quite exactly like me. But she's a dreamer. :D

      Killian is a favorite name. Immediately upon thinking up his character I knew he had to be Killian. It was HIS name. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I love that so much about it. It was the same way for me with Jess. I really didn't know much about him and hadn't posted much with him, so decided I would use him for Beautiful People, since I know it's usually more helpful than I expect it to be. I ended up learning so much about him! And, yes, most of the answers for him were on-the-spot. And he stood next to me, watching what I typed over my shoulder, and making comments about it. That was when I finally "met" him.

      LIke you said, I am not crazy! My sister thinks I am, but really I'm not... well, not like that, anyway ;)

      Yes, I agree. Killian is an awesome name! You mentioned in his post that he wasn't so sure it was a good name. Why does he think that?

      Delete
    3. It's so great to see the answers to others' characters also. :) I'm so glad it's back!!

      And I understand. Not crazy. :) Gifted? Yes.

      And I guess I meant to say Killian isn't sure he's fit to be king. I'm not sure how he feels about his name. But he isn't as confident about taking over the throne as his father is. *another side-tracked conflict for my characters. sigh. they must distrust me. :P*

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! I love linkups, and I'm so glad BP is back. I got into the blogosphere just in time.

    Yup, gifted. That's it. I'll tell her that next time. *laughs insanely*

    Okay, I thought perhaps that's what you meant. Awesome. Yes, ikr?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brielle sounds like such a sweet character. She's so relatable, and I liked getting to meet her. (Also, I loved the answer to #7!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      #7 was the hardest for me to come with an answer. I tried to think of something practical but nothing fit. It wasn't until I thought of the whole stars thing that I was like: that IS Brielle's voice shining through. :)

      Delete