Monday, June 16, 2014

Liebster Award


I was nominated for what is called a Liebster Award. Having no foreknowledge of this blog award, I had to do a quick google search. And thus, I figured out what all this German-word stuff means. It's a way to nominate blogs, usually with less followers, and pass it along. I think that's a cool and fun idea, so I'm accepting the award and passing it along! yay! :)

Here is a quick rundown of the basic rules:
  1. Thank the person who nominated (and link back to their blog/post)
  2. List 11 (random?) facts about yourself
  3. Answer all 11 questions asked by blogger who nominated you
  4. Nominate 9 bloggers who have around 200 or less followers
  5. Ask them 11 questions
  6. Let them know about the nomination
It seems pretty simple and exciting. So here we go!

I was nominated by Skylar Finn over at Life of a Random. It was a nice surprise, since I just became acquainted with her through Beautiful People. Thank you! This makes me smile. :D



Eleven Facts: 

1. I just got new glasses and the world looks weird.
2. I have an unhealthy obsession for dragons
3. When I'm at work or school, I try to make everything neat and clean, but my room is usually a mess.
4. I'm right handed but left footed.
5. I have three stacks of to-be-read books in my room that don't fit on my bookshelves, and I still haven't indulged in them for over a year.
6. If I was a people in Middle Earth, I would be a hobbit despite I have the height of an elf. I like simple things, good-tilled earth/nature and food (which is something Tolkien related to also).
7. When I was in 9th grade, I made my own Captain America outfit for Super Hero Day, shield included. It wasn't spectacular and was pretty simple, but it was fun. Nobody else in the entire school was Captain America. (this was before he had a movie)
8. I've been described as "the tall girl with glasses who looks angry but isn't and likes doctor... doctor... something." Truer words have never been spoken.
9. I spend too much time on tumblr and regret all my decisions regarding it. :P
10. I enjoy puns a lot. Like a lot. I laugh so hard at the dumbest things.
11. I think stars/outer space are one of the most beautiful things in creation (aside from people and probably certain animals). I'm kind of obsessed with stars and outer space-y things also. So I'd be down for anything with Dragons in Space.


Questions from Skylar
1. How did you come up with your blog's name?
Interesting that you should ask! I just wrote a post about it, but the quick version: it's a reference to a location in Narnia, which has been a favorite story collection since I was wee little. :)

2. Given the chocie between having blue hair forever or a dragon tattoo on your arm forever (duh), which would you chooose?
Dragon tattoo for sure! :D I told you I'm obsessed.

3. Do you like reading book blogs for watching booktuber videos better?
I've never watched a booktuber before, so I will have to say reading book blogs.

4. Do you have a bucket list?
Yes! You can see it here.

5. I couldn't live without my computer...or books, obviously. BUT, excluding your computer, books, and cellphone/phone (you know, the essentials), what is one thing you couldn't live without?
Food. Or is that an essential? Otherwise, it's not a what but a who. :)

6. What's your least favorite food?
Hmmm... I'm not fond of ground beef (so not hamburgers, taco beef, meatballs, etc.) I don't like the texture. I don't know if this is my least favorite food, but it's the only one I can think of!

7. Do you make up new endings in your head for books or movies that stunk because they were so sad?
Not really. I mean, if it has an ending where it can be imagined what happens next maybe. But it's not usually because it's sad. It's because I want the story to continue!

8. What does your handwriting look like? Picture, please. Well, I said please.
A sloppy mess. Here's a random page of writing/rambling wherein I was bored studying for finals last year. :)



9. What do you want to accomplish in five years? (Like major goals, etc.)
Finish college and figure out what's next. Maybe actually edit stories I've written. *facepalm*

10. Hardcover or paperback?
For me, it depends. Some hardcover books are wonderful. They shut with a nice sound, they feel sturdy, the paper is solid inside, but others are too bulky, too heavy, too not right. So then I like paperbacks. But there's also some problems with certain paperbacks also. So I guess it depends on the book and my preference. I'm super picky.

11. What s your favorite sound?
Thunderstorms (thunder + rain), children's laughter, and Adam Young's beautiful voice.


I nominate:
1. Erinn @ Running Erinns
2. Sky @ Further up and Further In
3. Hannah @ Of Time, Space and Hobbit Holes
4. Journey @ a writer's world 
5. Lisa @ godsdaughter4ever
6.  Catherine @ A Stray Imagination
7. Rachel @ Rachel Shall
8. Rebecca @ The Secret Place 
9. Anybody who fits the criteria and wishes to participate! :)

My Questions
1. What's your favorite kind of storm?
2. What's one thing most people think is ugly that you find beautiful?
3. What was the last good book you read?
4. What are on your bedroom walls? (decorations, design, posters, etc.)
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world but only that one place, where would you go? (Bonus: Why?)
6. Would you rather go underwater in a submarine or go into outer space in a spaceship?
7. Do you like to talk to tomatoes?
8.  Who is your favorite youtuber?
9. What is one fictional character you relate to? (aka: who's your fictional character twin?)
10. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? (Bonus: least favorite?)
11. Do you like dragons?

I hope this was fun for you because it was fun for me! Enjoy. I'd love to hear your responses to the questions also. :)

-Jaguar Hero!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me! I really enjoyed reading this and learning a bit about you ^^ I'll do the tag soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      You can just let me know on this post. :)

      :D

      Delete
    2. Finally did this tag. Sorry it took me so long! Here's the link. http://godsdaugter4ever.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/liebster-award-again/

      Delete
  2. *fist pump* I made you smile! Yes!

    This was so fun to read. Dragons are awesome. Very awesome. I love puns too! :D My sister doesn't appreciate the brilliance of them though.

    Why, yes, thanks for asking. I talk to tomatoes all the time. They're very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Puns are always brilliant in my opinon.

    :D

    ReplyDelete