Thursday, June 5, 2014

Beautiful People: June 2014

A while ago, I found a blog that I started reading. I liked how she wrote and her topics, plus I found we had a lot in common (not to mention her blog title is also Narnia related). She and another blogger had been doing these posts called "Beautiful People," which centered around answering questions about their characters from stories they wrote/were writing. By the time I followed her blog, Beautiful People was on hiatus, so I never got a chance to do it.

But now it's back and I can barely contain myself. I just have to do this. I like the concept. I like sharing characters that have grown in my brain (not in any way like the Greek goddess Athen's "brain-children") and flourished into their own person. Weird, I know. But it's true.


So without further ado, I present to you one of my lead male characters in my latest WIP, Killian of Greene!

1. What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it?
Killian is heir to the throne of Greene (one of three kingdoms of Gaia, one of five kingdoms between the two lands of Gaia and Gaius). Killian the Conqueror was supposedly a famous emperor in the past, so Killian's parents (more like his father) felt it was a fitting name for a future king. Killian isn't so sure.

2.  How old are they and when were they born?
Killian is nineteen, but soon to be twenty. When he turns twenty-one, he'll have the rights to the throne. He was born on the 15th of August. It's a work in progress so they might call the months something slightly different.

3. Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. what is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!)
Killian stands at about 6'2. He has dark hair that sometimes sticks up every where. At times, he doesn't shave but keeps a little scruff. He has dark eyes, that appear black but are actually a deep, dark blue. His skin is usually tan from being outside.
Nationality: of the kingdom Greene in the land of Gaia. Race and ethnicity are tricky because the old names for such things are no longer used (but I'm going to say he has some German, Spanish, and a hint of Scottish in him. :P)

Here are two pictures, I think, that sum him up:


4. Describe your character's personality first in one word and then elaborate with a few sentences.
The first word that popped into my head was cocky. But that's not totally accurate because it's all a show. He's more calculating (?) He's always thinking. He pays attention to the world around him and acts because of this. He tries to do what he thinks is the right course of action, but he plans it out for the best results (usually in his favor, so cocky might work a little).

5. What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?
Whoa, I don't eve know. It's kind of complicated. I suppose the first one to pop into my head (which I hope is not because I'm obsessed with this song) was I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. Not sure if it fits perfectly, but I think the kind of desperate tones in the song along with the whole fire/dragon thing fits. I'll have to think harder about any other songs.

6. Which of the seven deadly sins describes your character?
It's a toss up between pride and wrath. I think. D:

7. If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air) which one would they be?
Hands down, Killian is fire.

8. What is their favorite word?
Hmmm... I'm not sure...

9. Who's one person they really miss? (It could be someone who's passed away, or someone they're not close to anymore, or someone who's moved away)
Killian misses his father. While his father is still in his life, he misses the relationship they once had. He misses when he had full trust and faith in his father and no doubts or disagreements.

10. What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?
A lot of things, especially surrounding the castle. However, the most prominent is the lake, the glimmering water, the smell of fish cooking, etc. He used to do a lot with this father by the lake.

Well, there you have it. A glimpse into who Killian of Green is. This was fun and I hope to do more in the future, probably with other characters. If you would like to do it also, you can go here and join in! :)


-Jaguar Hero!
*And here I realize I write too much. Always.*

15 comments:

  1. I can totally imagine Killian! You describe him so well. :) This sounds like medieval fantasy (Yes? No? It was a wild guess) which I really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's kind of stolen the show from the other characters (though they get their time too).

      And see medieval fantasy is kind of funny... it's... hmm... a lot more complicated then that. It's got medieval-type things but there's a lot of other time periods/cultures mixed in. But shhh Spoilers! (It's set in a future that has gone back to the medieval-esque life, but there's more to it. pirates, knights, maybe a few cowboys...)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from Beautiful People :)

    Killian is so fascinating! I really liked reading about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      :) I'm glad you think he's fascinating. He keeps surprising me at every turn or turn around... :D

      Delete
  3. Me again! :) Just stopped by to say I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award here: http://randomofalife.blogspot.com/2014/06/wherein-i-receive-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! This is cool. I feel honored. Thank you. I will try to do this soon and let you know. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, he sounds really complex and interesting. :D Also, I loved reading about the various kingdoms. Love the names.

    Tansie @Totally Tansie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear Gaius and I think Battlestar Galactica! Great descriptions here, I can certainly picture him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about Battlestar Galactica (I've only seen bits & pieces of it, so I didn't know there was anything related to Gauis). I actually "borrowed" that name from a character in Merlin. But sweet! Another connection.

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  6. Hey, look, another Fire character! I don't think that many people picked that element :) Killian sounds like a pretty neat character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      I noticed not too many fire characters either, but he's definitely fire through and through. I'm glad you noticed and enjoyed his character.

      Delete
  7. I love your characters, their names and personalities and flaws and everything. I said this before, but they're definitely beautiful people.

    It's neat how Killian is one of those characters fangirls might go crazy over, but he's not shallow — he has a lot of depth and character to him. (Pun not intended but I sort of like it.)

    I'm definitely quite excited to be reading more of and about this story and its characters! You've mentioned nothing of Ireland, so maybe it's just me, but I do also enjoy the Irishiness of it :)

    Jessy @ Barefoot in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most characters are beautiful people, which is why the meme is perfectly titled. :)

      Hahah! I can wait to see if Killian will steal all the fangirls' hearts. *laughs evilly*

      I'm glad you're interested. :) And I don't think I've meant to make anything directly Irish. It has medieval themes to the story and dragons of course. But it's a mix of many different things (though I'm sure Britain, Ireland, etc. have a heavy influence as I'm slightly infatuated with the British Isles).

      :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is certainly true.

      Hahaha!

      Only slightly, of course ;) Yes, I love those places. And Australia.

      Delete