Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Oh Look, A New Year

I'm terribly, terribly sorry (so terribly sorry I'm actually cringing of using that word three times) for neglecting this blog. Again.


Whoo-hoo! It's been 2014 a whole week. *facepalm*


And with that comes a whole year to do some awesome stuff. Once I figure out what that will be.


I'm going to do a quick recap/update thing of 2013. Which I should have done about a week or so ago. *still sorry about neglecting my blog. I am easily distracted*


January 2013, I decided to make a goal to write five hundred words every day. I started on January 16th (so it's not a full year) and I missed about twenty-two days because of various things (camp counseling, vacation, or my brain forgetting or getting distracted). I still think it's remarkable that I wrote about eleven months of the year every day! :)

My total word count for the five hundred word challenge was: 244, 373 words! (which is a lot!!!)
Included in that total was the 100 for 100 Challenge I did through Go Teen Writer's last fall. In addition, I participated in Nanowrimo and two Camp Nanowrimos. One was the regular 50,000 word count, while the other I made a goal of 30,000 words simply because it was near the end of my semester of school. I won all three. 

Thus my total word count of the year is close to 400,000 words. I don't have an exact total as not everything can be correctly labeled as written in 2013 nor is everything via my computer so I don't have a way of counting every single word. I still think that's a lot of words and cannot quite believe I have read that many! Whoa! :D 


I also completed my Goodreads challenge to read 100 books! (barely made it, had to read the final book on December 31st to finish) But I did it!

Here is a rough list of what I think were my top books of the year:

1. Grave Consequences & Glittering Promises by Lisa T. Bergren--the second and third book in the Grand Tours Series. I adored them and it had a wonderful conclusion.
2. House of Hades by Rick Riordan--fourth book in the Heroes of Olympus series. This. Book.
3. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer--second book in the Lunar Chronicles. Amazing. Go read it now.
4. Iscariot by Tosca Lee--this book was interesting; definitely a challenge to my thinking. 
5. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis-- third book and conclusion  to the Across the Universe trilogy. Fantastic.

I read many others but I wanted to pick from the ones published this past year. :)

For 2014, I made new goal to read 100 books (I see it as a safe number right now with my workload), but I also want to read the stack of books I own that haven't been touched yet. It's quite a load rounding about near twenty.

My personal writing goal is to write five hundred words by hand every single day. It's a lot to accomplish because writing by hand takes time and energy. I definitely want to do it and so far I've done every day. I also want to expand more on my writing, which I think a few of my college classes will assist me in doing so.

I have a few other things to address here and there, but I will definitely get to that later as this is already becoming a long post.

Here's to a new year of reading and writing. Hooray!

As always, thank you for reading. Farewell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment