Saturday, August 10, 2013

Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden--Book Review

In the aftermath of the Great Chicago Fire, Molli Knox finds herself in a difficult battle. She is the owner of the 57th Illinois Watch Company, which has burned to the ground and left herself and the workers out of commission. As she struggles to rebuild her father's company, she also finds herself within sight of the handsome attorney, Zack Kazmarek. He works for a powerful department store company and will do anything to not only get a hold of her company but also Mollie's heart. But she finds it hard to trust him when everything he does leaves a whirlwind of destruction in his wake.

Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden is a historical romance you don't want to miss out on. The details of the city and the time period were marvelous. I was drooling over how wonderful (and disastrous with the descriptions of the fire and destruction) everything was explained.

The plot line was truly impressive. The way everything weaved together and connected left me astounded. Little details or occurrences that appeared to be unimportant always came back to become a pivotal point in the story. The ending and how it came about was marvelous.

At first, I was not sure what to think because it started off slow. I just wanted to get to the parts about the fire. Also, the sudden romance, which for one side of the party made sense, caught me off guard and almost had me rolling my eyes in disgust. People do not fall in love that easily. However, as the novel progressed, the sudden heart tugging gained a reasonable explanation.

If historical books catch your fancy, or you are up for a clean, romance, this book is surely worth reading. I enjoyed it a lot more since sometimes these type of books are not my favorite. I may even take a chance at reading another novel by Ms. Camden.

-Jaguar Hero!

Glory to God

I received this book free from Bethany House for my open and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment