Sunday, March 10, 2013

To Infinity and Beyond!


"For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." -Vincent Van Gogh

I know I have written blog posts about my infatuation with stars and outer-space (see here), but all those pictures and glorious information about stars would still be blurry appearances in the nighttime sky if it was not for a certain government organization: NASA.


NASA not only takes pictures of interesting stars and constellations and galaxies, but they learn things. They do things "To reach for new heights and reveal the unknown so that what we do and learn will benefit all humankind". Did you catch that last part? To benefit all humankind. They don't have to do that. They can just learn about stars and galaxies and plaster cool pictures and videos every where. But they do it with the mission to help people. I think that is cool. They want to improve life by searching the skies, the stars, the final frontier.

I am a huge science-fiction love. From Star Trek and Star Wars to Ender's Game and Doctor Who, I love it all (and yes, even Buzz Lightyear). And don't even mention Firefly or The Last Starfighter, those are just epic and sometimes over looked science fiction entertainment. It fascinates me. To imagine life in outer space and adventures. And I think it is awesome that NASA does things such as post pictures of cool stars on their website. I have always been intrigued by their work because it opens my mind to the possibilities of space travel and cool technologies. It makes me feel one step closer to the stars.



Space is a mystery. NASA is the detective searching for the answers. I have always longed for the stars and its mysterious depths. I have always dreamed as I stand outside on a clear night to look up at the stars with hope, hope that there is more to life and the answer is out there.

Even more than that, stars have awakened a deep feeling in me to know my Creator. I look up at the stars and their wonderful mystery and I know God is there and He created each one. NASA explores that. They uncover truths, that when I read about it, declare God's glory and praise. Perhaps that is not NASA's mission. It still reveals that to me. And there is nothing greater than to dream and hope.

NASA instills that in me. To continue forward and allow my intrigue to whisk me away on an adventure. Even if I never see the stars from their place in the sky, NASA brings me closer to the mindset of it. And that makes me feel alive. It makes me think my dreams and fantasies and love for science fiction have a chance at becoming real.

-Jaguar Hero!

Stars photo stars_zps9ee01acf.gif

(Want to celebrate NASA too? Join science-fiction author, Beth Revis, and all lovers of space here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment