Friday, December 28, 2012

Top 10 Book List of 2012

I read a total of fifty-seven novels this year, which is a low number for me. While a lot of books on my list consist of older books I finally got around to reading or decide to re-read because I love them so much, there were a lot of new books released this year that I did get to read.

I picked my top ten, not in any particular order as I loved each one in a different way. However, I decided to only choose books that were released in 2012, otherwise I would never be able to choose between all the books (I mean, come on The Hobbit, Pride and Prejudice, and The Hunger Games are some of those!!!)

So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Time Lords and hobbits, dragons, unicorns, elephants, animals and people of all shapes, sizes, and species, I present to you my top ten books of 2012.

1. Bourne and Tributary by Lisa T. Bergren (I decide to place these together because they are both smaller books and they can be purchased together): The continuation of the lovely River of Time series following the enchanting story of the Betarrini sisters and their dashing knights. It's definitely a book worth reading. Not only are the story line great, the characters wonderful, but have you seen the covers? I mean, Lord Greco and Luca?! *sighs*

2. Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (Book 3 in the Heroes of Olympus): This book takes the beloved characters of Percy Jackson, Annabeth, and the rest of the crew to new levels. Two worlds collide as the Greek and Roman sides meet in this epic tale. They have to find a way to work together or fail. And let me tell you, it is awesome. They encounter even more awesome mythological creatures, legendary figures, and confrontations that their tale cannot possibly get any better. But with that ending, I was left with the promise that it will.

3.  Alienation by Jon S. Lewis (Book 2 in the Chaos Trilogy): I loved this book because it combines two of my favorite things, novels and comic books. It's basically a science fiction book filled with awesome gadgets, aliens, and a heroic team of young secret agents. It was epic.

4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Book 2 in the Divergent Trilogy): This book was amazing or the whole series so far is amazing. I'm not entirely sure which it is. Anyways, it's a dystopian novel that is full of action, adventure, and a hint of romance. I can't wait to see what comes next with the final installment!

5. Swipe and Sneak by Evan Angler (Books 1 and 2 in the Swipe Series): Since we are already talking about dystopians, let me introduce these two lovely books. For me, these books are dystopians for the younger generation. They are full of the same action, high-tense moments, and awesome futuristic technology, but they are not as violent or chaotic as some other books may be written. Even so, I loved them and the characters and cannot wait for the next book to be released!

6. Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn: This book was beautiful (how could it not be set in Hawaii?). Not only was the story line great and squeal beckoning, but it brought back an old, forever friend from a previous book series I love. If you love anything Gunn writes, you will definitely like this, especially if you are caught up in her Christy Miller or Sierra Jensen books!

7. Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan: The title of this book explains the events of this novel perfectly. It is full of crazy, dangerous things. I was intrigued with this story by the narration of the teenage boy, the interaction with the schizophrenic girl, and the conspiracy they uncover. I enjoyed this book a lot!


8. Mortal by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee (Book 2 in the Books of Mortals): This book was truly astounding. It continues the story of Rom and Jonathan with so many twists and turns that I was on the edge of my seat as I read. The realizations that come to light as I read were mind blowing. If you like fantasy mixed with a little bit of thrill and surprise, this series is perfect.

9. Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bergren (Book 1 in the Grand Tour Series): This book was glamorous. It takes an ordinary girl and flips her upside down as she has to battle social norms, foreign relations, and a dashing guide, who proves to care for Cora more than he should. The details of this time and the adventures that befall the characters were exquisite and grand. I loved it and cannot wait to get my hands on the next one!

10. The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson: In this retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Annabel is forced to become a servant under the beastly Lord Ranulf, but quickly learns he is not as dark as the villagers tell. It was such a great read and sweet. I enjoyed it, especially Lord Ranulf's character as it goes through his thoughts during the book too.

Well, there is my list of books I thoroughly enjoyed this year. They are of all shapes and genres. So, tell me if you've read any of the above list or what your favorite reads were this year. And in a few days, we can all begin with a fresh list and a burst of excitement at all the books waiting to be read in the next year.

-Jaguar Hero!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I scored two spots on your list???!?! So honored. Thanks for being such a constant encouragement to me, friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I rather enjoy your books!! They are so great and inspirational! :D

    -Jaguar Hero!

    ReplyDelete