Monday, December 3, 2012

More Than a Bucket List by Toni Birdsong--Book Review

If you have seen the Disney movie Tangled, you already know how important it is to fulfill that ONE dream. For some people, it takes eighteen years of dreaming and a crazy adventure to fulfill their dream. For others, it is simpler. But everybody has a dream that is unique to them. And some of us have more than one dream.

In More Than a Bucket List, Toni Birdsong challenges you to fulfill your dream(s) and doing so much more. From backpacking through Europe to visiting locations of your favorite movies to finding a way to live faithfully for God, this book has it all.

It is "more than a bucket list" because it not only challenges you to accomplish those things you've been dreaming about, but it also encourages you on how to live a daily life and how to grow in your walk with God. There are numerous sections in the book that have Bible verses and encouraging quotes and words to help you do more than just fulfill your dreams but fulfill the dreams God has for your life.

This is one of those books that is nice to have to read or pull out and flip through and even make a few notes on the sides. You can create your own bucket list in the back or just mark the pages as you go. 

It was exciting to see all these possibilities laid out before. There were ideas in here I would never have thought about on my own (and my bucket list has definitely grow a lot from reading this). And it was interesting to see the things I have already accomplished. It was great.

The only thing I found I didn't like was that it seemed to be aimed at middle-aged people with kids. There were things I could relate to in it, but at the same time there was a lot that I felt weren't as fulfilling to read about. However, I still enjoyed it and think it is a great book to read or even to give as gift to the dreamer in your life.

And once you read it, you can sit down and join me in singing the cute song, "I Have a Dream" (from Tangled) because after reading this, you will most certainly have found a new dream. :)


-Jaguar Hero!

I received this book for free from Thomas Nelson Publishing through booksneeze.com. I was required to give my honest opinion of the book, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment