Friday, August 17, 2012

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan--Book Review

Sam Hopkins is tired of being known as the "preacher's kid". So, one day when he's being chased by a group of bullies, he outsmarts them by playing chicken with a train. They immediately embrace him in their group. But after he defends Jennifer, a girl who isn't all right in the head, he loses his new "so-called friends" and gains a new one. But soon Jennifer's crazy words start to match up with strange things going on in the town. And it's up to Sam to figure out what is going on before it's too late. That's when things start to get really crazy and a whole lot dangerous.

This books was "crazy" good. Between the plot line, the characters, and the narration, I enjoyed this book. It kept me reading on the edge of my seat.

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan is told from Sam Hopkin's point of view while before each new section has narrative about something Jennifer "sees". I thought this added to the story. Sam's narration is kind of all over the place, jumping from topic to topic, but all coming out in the end to make sense. I didn't feel this took away because it shows Sam as he is, a teenage boy.

I especially like Jennifer's part of the story because of her schizophrenia. I'm rather fascinated with the mind, so I enjoyed her character a lot. She is definitely a unique character and absolutely adorable calling Sam her "magic friend".

The story line kept me going from the first page. I was curious as to what was going on (whether Jennifer actually heard demons or not) and how everything would turn out in the end. This is one book that I was not left disappointed reading.

-Jaguar Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment