Saturday, March 31, 2012

The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo-- Book Review

Originally, there were 12 Tribes of Israel. Until they sinned by worshiping a golden calf at the bottom of Mt. Sinai. Forty of these "sinners" were changed into immortals, to roam the earth with no peace or death. They are the 13th Tribe. Now, they hunt those they deem to be sinners in hopes of pleasing God. They have advanced technology, endless resources, and thousands of years of practice. And they are closing in for the next massacre.

I have read every other book by Robert Liparulo, and while I enjoy his fantasy series (Dreamhouse Kings) more than his thrillers, I loved The 13th Tribe.

From the start, the story starts with a fast-paced action that stays true during the whole thing. It has a lot of surprises, many I was completely shocked by. I'd be thinking one thing was going to happen, and then it would be completely twisted into something new and unexpected.

Robert Liparulo,
the author
The group of immortals that make up the 13th Tribe were a surprise also. They were realistic, though they unable to age. They truly believed killing was the way to please God, which to me is such a crazy idea. But their mindset of violence and bloodshed was scary and real. The other characters, a man named Jagger and his family, were also very realistic. I enjoyed them. Tyler, a nine-year old boy, was believable with the childlike things he said and did.

While there's violence, there's a good spiritual message included too. Oh, and the ending was just awesome!!!

The author's website and more about the book can be found here:
He's also on facebook and twitter, so check him out!

-Jaguar Hero!

I received this book for free from Thomas Nelson Publishing through booksneeze.com. I was required to give my honest opinion of the book, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment