Friday, December 2, 2011

Heroes and Villains of the Bible-- Book Review

Heroes and Villains of the Bible is an illustrated Children's Book. It goes through various Bible stories about good guys and bad guys. It uses real Biblical passages and has colorful pictures to bring the stories to life.

I thought it was pretty resourceful. The pictures were a little strange with the people looking computerized and a little like The Sims avatars, but that didn't affect the overall point. Plus most kids will probably enjoy the pictures even I didn't.  I did like that it refers to biblical verses and passages to get children to read in a fun way without overwhelming them with a lot to read. The passages come from the International Children's Bible so it's easy to read.

I also liked that at the end of each story there was a point about what heroes do. It encourages children to trust God and know they, too, can be heroes. It warns children about villains and sin, which come from the devil, so they know with God they don't have to give into evil. It also shows the children that heroes aren't perfect, they do make mistakes. But with God we can do heroic things too!

Because it is a lot more to read than a picture book, I'd put the age group to be from 6 or 7 years old up until probably 11 or 12 years.

My favorite part is the last point: "Real Heroes Choose God!" which is a lesson any age of people can learn. This will put a central truth in a child's life so in the future they will know real heroism and courage come from God and not people or things.

-Jaguar Hero!

I received this book for free from Thomas Nelson Publishing through booksneeze.com. I was required to give my honest opinion of the book, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment