Saturday, November 26, 2011

It is finished!

As the month of November comes to a close, I sit here, pencil in hand wondering how I did it. Two notebooks are filled with endless scribbles of my rather sloppy handwriting. Numbers line the page, tallying the words of each paragraph. Nation Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is over for me, and I still have four days left. It's over. I did it. Word count: 52, 747. Owned. ( It could be a little more since I most likely screwed up my counting somewhere along the line and typing it up will prove the final count to be a tad higher... so yeah. I still made the cut.)

It was hectic, somewhat. I tried to find time to write between school work, church, thanksgiving, relatives, a funeral, friends, reading, and watching my favorite TV shows. But I prevailed. I conquered what had seemed impossible only 26 days earlier. Psychology class, you were a big help. Thank you for letting me count my words instead of pay attention to your lovely material. :D

As for my story, I'm sure it's far from being good. It's got the potential, but as I wrote I realized I really need a thesaurus. Haha! And I came to realize there is only so many ways a person can describe storms and light. I mean, really it's hard! It's okay though. I have about 330 days until I need to start planning my next novel, so I have plenty of time for editing. 

It is called the Key Bearers (oh, that title needs an update). It's about two teens sent to save their world. They have to battle ferocious beasts, strange creatures, pirates, seven different types of Storms, all the while trying to figure out why they were chosen and what they are really supposed to be doing. It's pure fantasy. As for everything else in the novel,  you'll have to read it to find out. 

I guess what I'm trying to say in this, is I love to write. And this is technically the second novel I have finished in my lifetime (I have written other short stories, beginnings of novels, but nothing like this), and the other story is not so great.... too many similarities to other books and inconsistencies. It's bad. Haha! I love to write, I love fantasy, and I love to show the love of Christ, so I hope it is clear in my work. :D

Follow Your Heart. Let Your Light Shine Brightly. Use the Key. Defeat the Storm. I Am With You.

-Jaguar Hero!

*** Word Count Update-- Final Count: 54, 625 words. :) ***

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!! i have to hand it to you- when you commit to something, you see it all the way through. I could never have done it. I really want to read it... when can i??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? This is like the second novel I've actually written in my 17 years of existence... I DO NOT commit at all. (those poor stories that have been shoved away to never be written... :( ). I have a lot to edit and still to type up. PLUS it'll be a lot to print and we don't have that much ink... but soon, hopefully. :D

    ReplyDelete