Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays Discussion 4

YAY! I made it on the right day! Anyways, here are my answers to the questions for today! And if you haven't already, go read Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, please! Go. Now. DO IT. I mean it... Go right now...

What are you still doing here?! GO!!!!

If you have read this book (which is the only reason you are still reading this, right?) feel free to join in. All the information is at Lisa's website... here: http://lisatawnbergren.com/?p=512

Discussion 4 Questions (Chapters 18-23)
Gabi and Lia both face several life and death situations in these chapters, having to pick up weapons in defense of those they love and experiencing first hand the brutality of close combat. If you had the choice between picking up a weapon and standing on the front lines or staying behind to 
tend to the wounded as necessary, which would you choose?
Well, considering I hate blood (ewww gross, barf all over my shoes), I'd have to go with going on the front lines. However, any one on my side of the battle will soon learn to hate me. I can't do anything physical. I'm very clumsy and not strong at all! Haha. So most likely I'd be dead in seconds, but I'd be barfing my guts up if I had to see all the bloodies soldiers. I suppose if I were given the job to feed and give water to the wounded I could do that, provided their wounds are fixed up already, but yeah.


Both girls get to wear extraordinary gowns to their victory celebration; what would your dream medieval gown look like?
Since, I'm not expert on medieval gowns, I'm thinking something along the lines of Lucy and Susan in Narnia. Something that's somewhat comfortable (if possible) and definitely a green. I like green. Nice color. I probably wouldn't want any too poofy or hard to walk in. After all, I am the clumsy sort of person, and even in jeans and flat shoes I tend to trip over... everything.


Gabi has crude stitches put in and must endure both their removal as well as the cauterization of the wound. How is your threshold for pain? Do you think you would have simply gritted your teeth as Gabi does?
My threshold of pain doesn't even exist. HAHA. I would not have gritted my teeth. I'd be bawling and screaming and it would not be pretty. I would not be very cooperative either. I squirm when I see fake blood on movies... gahh. And yeah. There would be some barfing if it was a bad wound.


Marcello wants to properly court Gabi after they express mutual feelings of affection, wanting to speak with her mother about his intentions. What do you think is the most romantic aspect of medieval courtship?
Ooohh! That's so cutee. Ha. I don't really know much about medieval courtships, but asking for permission definitely is pretty awesome. Also, just being a polite gentlemen in general is very nice. And that the guys then didn't expect to get too much from just dating (Meaning, they waited for marriage and such).  No unnecessary pressures, no physical things to get in the way if something goes wrong and such. :)


Gabi and Lia find themselves with conflicting desires toward the end with Lia wanting to return home and Gabi hoping to stay. Do you think that Gabi is being unfair to Lia for wanting to stay, or is Lia being unfair to Gabi for demanding they go? A little of both?
Yes, I think there is a little bit of both. Since, they have to make a compromise, it'd be hard. I mean, Gabi wants to stay for a guy (well, the most amazing guy she'll ever meet), which seems like it shouldn't be the end of the world to leave him (even though it probably is). And Lia wants to return home, to their real time and place, because of the dangers. Yes, both are selfish but have good reason. 




Well, those are my answers. Hope you enjoyed them. And if you haven't read the book (which you shouldn't be reading this right now but you should be reading the book), please consider buying it or reading it and joining in on this discussion! :D


-Jaguar Hero!

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on number one. I have a weak stomach so I wouldn't do go with the wounded and I'm insanely clumsy so I would do my side more harm then help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers! Sorry about your low pain threshold! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks guys for reading.

    Lisa: I wouldn't be any help, so maybe together we would be able to do something, right? haha.

    Julie: Thanks for always reading my responses, I appreciate it!

    Jacinda: Oh my gosh, I know! It makes me want to go to Narnia even more! haha. And I don't like dresses that much, but those are worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good suggestion on going with a Susan or Lucy gown...if they could fight in gowns like those, maybe you'd have half a chance too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I trip over everything too, even barefoot in jeans, haha...Amazingly, I somehow manage to do a little better in skirts+heels though. Not sure how or why, maybe because I have to concentrate more on walking? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa: Yeah! They were pretty good at fighting. I still think I'd trip over something though. haha.

    Rebecca: That's really ironic! haha. I should concentrate on walking better too... well when I'm not thinking about medieval knights. hehe :P

    ReplyDelete