Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall Wednesday Discussion 5

I remembered again! Go ME! :D

If you haven't read Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, beware! Don't go any further. Instead get up, turn off you computer and run straight to your nearest library and book store. Get the book (and maybe some coffee?) and READ READ READ!!! Until you are done. Then you can read this. Or you can just read the second book Cascade and then Torrent and then join in on the Waterfall discussion. So do it. Right now. Go. I'm watching you.

This is discussion five, the last five questions about the book. I hope they do one for Cascade because I think this is fun! Feel free to join the discussion and respond to my answers. :) http://lisatawnbergren.com/?p=512

Discussion 5 Questions (Chapters 24-28):
1.  After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic.  Gabi questions the doctor several times what 
is in it but he refuses to tell.  Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
NOOOOO. I don't even know what a tonic is. And the way he was acting is weird. If there wasn't anything wrong with it, why wouldn't the doctor tell? Very suspicious....


2.  Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them.  But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win.  Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
I think she was bold to do that. She's got to stand up and show the world she won't be bullied by some stupid cheater, cheater pumpkin eater (was he cheating?). She was defending her dignity, and while that placed her in a risky situation, I believe if Gabi was there she, too, would have gone for it and won. She wouldn't let someone get the best of her. 


3.  When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth.  Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her.  Do you think this is believable?  What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I would have pooped my pants. Literally. I'd be so shocked. I know today, if someone came from the future OR the past, that it would be just crazy weird. Like, how is that possible? I'm a BIG Sci-fi lover but I don't know if I would believe it. He's got to be crazy in love with this girl to believe it, even though for the story it's true. 


4.       In the end Gabi and Lia return home.  Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
Considering I have read the other books (and knew beforehand there was a second book) I'm guessing she goes back. After all, it's true love right? 


I think if I truly loved the guy, I would go back. It'd be hard. If I had Gabi's life, yes I would go back. But if it were me and my life, it'd be a lot harder. I would miss my friends, family, and dog so much. And I just love technology so much. :P


5.  Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
Oh, so many choices. I like when Luca was teaching her to dance and then Marcello stepped in. So cute. And the battle scenes were great, saving Lia and all. Nice!


Well, that's the end. Again, if you have read this without reading the book I'm sorry about the spoilers. I warned you!! :D


-Jaguar Hero!

6 comments:

  1. The battles were epic weren't they?! "Cheater cheater pumpkin eater" LOL! Made me laugh! Great answers. And yes yes yes, this book is a MUST read along with the others in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that scene where Gabi is learning to dance with Luca and suddenly Marcello steps in. *big sigh* I loved him. Gah! I'd totally go back to him if I was in her situation. And, if I were Marcello, I would have thought Gabi was a bit delicious talking of time-travel, but I would have taken her and believed when she disappeared. Stil...crazy! I loved this series! So epic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is epic.haha. Thanks for commenting.

    Let's hope they do a day for Cascade! And Torrent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked the teaching dancing as one of my favorite scenes too, but it's too hard to pick one scene isn't it???

    Great responses!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, yes. Good scene. And now I can't remember if Foraboschi was cheating! I need to go back and reread...Isn't that funny? Details in books leave my head to make room for the next one's.

    Thanks SO much for taking part in WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Their are so many great scenes, it was hard to choose. :D

    I don't even know if he was cheating... but it seems like it, right? Trying to get her to quit. haha.

    Thanks for letting us have this opportunity to do it! Cascade anyone?

    ReplyDelete