I remembered again! Go ME! :D
If you haven't read Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, beware! Don't go any further. Instead get up, turn off you computer and run straight to your nearest library and book store. Get the book (and maybe some coffee?) and READ READ READ!!! Until you are done. Then you can read this. Or you can just read the second book Cascade and then Torrent and then join in on the Waterfall discussion. So do it. Right now. Go. I'm watching you.
This is discussion five, the last five questions about the book. I hope they do one for Cascade because I think this is fun! Feel free to join the discussion and respond to my answers. :) http://lisatawnbergren.com/?p=512
Discussion 5 Questions (Chapters 24-28):
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what
is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
NOOOOO. I don't even know what a tonic is. And the way he was acting is weird. If there wasn't anything wrong with it, why wouldn't the doctor tell? Very suspicious....
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
I think she was bold to do that. She's got to stand up and show the world she won't be bullied by some stupid cheater, cheater pumpkin eater (was he cheating?). She was defending her dignity, and while that placed her in a risky situation, I believe if Gabi was there she, too, would have gone for it and won. She wouldn't let someone get the best of her.
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I would have pooped my pants. Literally. I'd be so shocked. I know today, if someone came from the future OR the past, that it would be just crazy weird. Like, how is that possible? I'm a BIG Sci-fi lover but I don't know if I would believe it. He's got to be crazy in love with this girl to believe it, even though for the story it's true.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
Considering I have read the other books (and knew beforehand there was a second book) I'm guessing she goes back. After all, it's true love right?
I think if I truly loved the guy, I would go back. It'd be hard. If I had Gabi's life, yes I would go back. But if it were me and my life, it'd be a lot harder. I would miss my friends, family, and dog so much. And I just love technology so much. :P
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
Oh, so many choices. I like when Luca was teaching her to dance and then Marcello stepped in. So cute. And the battle scenes were great, saving Lia and all. Nice!
Well, that's the end. Again, if you have read this without reading the book I'm sorry about the spoilers. I warned you!! :D